I was playing in my lab today and ran into an issue where my Aruba access point would not advertise my newly created SSID on my local controller. I started digging around and first noticed my AP was up but was flagged inactive:
Next I checked to see if that access point was advertising a bss:
The next step was to check and see if I had any profile errors:
And there is the problem. I configured my VLAN on my master controllers but forgot about the locals. As soon as I added VLAN 100 to my local I could see and connect to my SSID:
The point of this story is to not get in a hurry when configuring your controllers and make sure your networking config is solid on your local controllers.